Sweet Honeydew Mint Green Smoothie
A Healthy and Refreshing Summer Treat!
Now that it’s July, you’re probably looking for healthy drinks to make and enjoy on hot summer days. Of course, everyone enjoys going to the beach or pool on long summer days. However, if you’re like me, there are probably days when nothing sounds more fun than reading a good book while enjoying a cool drink. If you’re looking for the ultimate drink to tide you over until the end of the summer, look no further than the sweet honeydew mint green smoothie. Trust me, when it comes to both taste and health benefits, it doesn’t get much better than this!
If you’re interested in making sweet honeydew mint green smoothie, you probably want to know about the health benefits of honeydew melon. One health benefit of honeydew melon is its high potassium levels and high water content, which makes this fruit excellent when it comes to maintaining a healthy blood pressure. Also, honeydew melon contains both vitamin C and copper. Both vitamin C and copper contribute to healthy skin by boosting collagen production and tissue repair.
- 4 cups of honeydew melon, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup of light coconut milk
- 1 to 2 leaves of fresh mint (add more for garnish)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoons of fresh lime juice (add more or less for taste)
- 1 cup of ice
- Drizzle of coconut nectar or honey (add more or less to taste, depending on the sweetness of the honeydew melon)
- To make the sweet honeydew mint green smoothie, you should cut the honeydew melon in half. Remove the seeds from both halves of the honeydew melon and remove the outer rind with a knife.
- Cut both halves of the melon into chunks. Add the honeydew melon chunks to the blender along with ice, lime, coconut milk, and mint. Blend the mixture until it is smooth. Taste the smoothie and adjust the sweetness with coconut nectar and honey.
- Use fresh melon slices or mint for garnish to serve the sweet honeydew mint green smoothie. Enjoy! This recipe should make about four servings.
This Sweet Honeydew Mint Green Smoothie is best made using cool ingredients. You should chill the honeydew melon and the coconut milk for a few hours in the fridge before blending to make the sweet honeydew mint green smoothie.
Without a doubt, the summer is the best time to try out new recipes for cool drinks. If you love green smoothies, don’t forget to check out the rest of our recipes!