Radish and Kale Green Smoothie
What is a Superfood?
Green smoothies have become all the rage for good reason. They are a delicious and simple way to guarantee you have all of the nutrients you need to take on the day. One of the most important ingredients in your Radish and Kale Green Smoothie recipe will be the kale. This green is very nutritious, has zero fat, and has very low calories. Kale is considered a superfood because the ingredient works as an antioxidant while also being high in fiber, iron, vitamin K, vitamin C, and calcium. Kale may have had a bad rap in the past for not being too tasty, but when mixed with the right ingredients, you’ll have no issue slurping up every last drop.
Benefits of Radishes
As a double nutritional whammy, add radishes into your green smoothie recipes. Not only are radishes rich in essential nutrients such as potassium, folate, and the B vitamins, but also have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties. Scientific studies have proven radishes are effective at protecting against viruses and aiding in the digestive process. Since radishes are full of water, they are very filling and helpful to those who are looking to lose weight. In one cup of radishes, there are only 19 calories. The high water content also helps keep your skin looking supple and healthy year-round.
Agave syrup is a sensible alternative to those who want a little extra sweetness in their drinks. Agave syrup affects the body differently than white sugar. Since agave syrup has a low glycemic index, you won’t experience a blood sugar spike. Better yet? Agave syrup is all natural and derived from the agave plant.
- 2 cups kale chopped coarsely
- 1 cup mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 bunch radishes
- ¾ cup water
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (optional)
- Add water to the blender. Squeeze out the juice of the lime directly into blender. Allow the lime and water mixture to sit for approximately 10 minutes.
- Place the kale, berries, and radishes into blender. The radish greens do not need to be removed. Add agave syrup as sweetener.
- Blend all ingredients on high until smooth. Serve the Radish and Kale Green Smoothie immediately.