Green Smoothies With Oranges
In general, I rarely use curly parsley when cooking. I prefer to use flat leaf parsley. However, when I was in my local health food store, I decided to pick some up to see how well it would work green smoothies. I was pleasantly surprised! This green smoothie recipe has a tart and refreshing flavor. Parsley on its own has a distinct flavor, and when combined with the delicate citrus flavor of oranges, it’s an experience that you definitely won’t want to miss out on!
Those of you who have read my blog for a while know that I am a huge fan of oranges. I’ve dug up a few fun facts on oranges that you might not know!
- Oranges can help protect your body against heart disease, because oranges contain high amounts of Vitamin C and flavonoids.
- Oranges can protect your body from skin disease. They contain beta carotene, which slow signs of aging and protect your skin from damage caused by free radicals.
- Did you know that oranges are effective in treating and preventing a number of different diseases, including asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, tuberculosis, rheumatism etc.
- The iron and Vitamin B6 that are found in oranges can help purify your blood. They help to increase the production of hemoglobin and increase the oxygen carrying capacity. They also purify the blood.
So, if you would like to try green smoothies with oranges in them, here’s a great recipe for you to try. Here are the ingredients that you’ll need to have:
- 1/2 bunch curly parsley, chopped
- 1 whole orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ice
Each of these ingredients should be added to your blender one at a time and blend them together well. It should take just 1-2 minutes on the highest speed setting. This recipe for green smoothies will take less than 10 minutes of your time to make, and it makes one large smoothie. You can easily double the ingredients if you need to make more.
For such a small investment of your time, these green smoothies will provide you with a steady stream of energy throughout your day. Drop me a line and let me know what you think of these green smoothies.