Green Smoothie Recipes With Mango
If you are looking to start incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your daily diet, then green smoothie recipes are the way to go! I usually drink my green smoothies for breakfast, but they also make a nutritious and delicious snack when those hunger pains strike in between meals.
This morning I had some mangos and bananas lying around, so I decided to go with a tropical theme. With a little coconut and a handful or two of spinach, I had a great green smoothie that provided me with plenty of energy throughout the day.
I’m a huge fan of mangos. They have a delicate citrus flavor that adds to a smoothie, but doesn’t overwhelm its taste. Of course, they also offer a lot of nutritional benefits. Here are a couple of facts about mangos that you might not know:
- Current research shows that eating mangos on a regular basis provides your body with the antioxidants that it needs to protect itself against colon, breast, and prostate cancer.
- The high levels of fiber, pectin, and Vitamin C found in mangos can lower the bad forms of LDL cholesterol in your blood stream.
- A single slice of mango contains about 25% of your body’s daily requirement for Vitamin A, which helps to promote better eye health.
Keeping all of this in mind, are you ready to try green smoothie recipes with mango? If so, I’ve got a great recipe for you to try right here. Here are the ingredients you’ll need to have:
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 2 handfuls rinsed spinach
- 1/2 C frozen mango
- 1 T pure creamed coconut
- 1 C water (you could also use skim milk, or coconut water and take out the creamed coconut)
- 1 T hemp powder (optional)
- 4-5 ice cubes
Adding the hemp powder to your green smoothie recipes is optional, but I would strongly encourage you to try it. It is a complete source of protein, containing all 8 essential amino acids.
Anyways, each of these ingredients should be added to your blender one at a time and blender together until they are smooth. The recipe makes about two cups of smoothie. Pour it into a glass and drink up! Be sure to let me know what you think!