Green Smoothie Recipes With Kiwi
When it comes to creating green smoothie recipes, kiwi is one of the underutilized fruits; however, they offer a whole host of nutritional benefits. For example, did you know that kiwis actually contain more Vitamin C than oranges? Kiwis are also an excellent source of potassium, dietary fiber, and flavonoids. If you are interested in trying green smoothie recipes with kiwi for yourself, here is an excellent option for you!
- A handful of baby spinach or kale
- 1/4 frozen orange (the peel and pith to be kept on)
- 1 kiwi fruit- skin peeled off (though you can keep skin on for extra fibre)
- 1/8 ofÂ a lime (the peel and pith to be kept on)*
- A few mint leaves
- 1 cup of purified water (adjust to desired consistency)
- 1-2 tablespoons of flax seeds
Each of these ingredients should be added to your blender one at a time and blended together until smooth. Because you will be including ingredients that have the skin on them, it is preferable for you to use organic ingredients only. These green smoothie recipes are guaranteed to be a hit with your friends and family members, as well as one of your new personal favorites!