Green Smoothie Recipes With Cinnamon
Have you ever tried green smoothie recipes with cinnamon in them before? I have, but it has been a long time since I had a great smoothie with cinnamon in it. With the holidays quickly approaching, I think this green smoothie recipe will make a festive addition to your diet.
These green smoothie recipes incorporate a refreshing blend of apples, bananas, cinnamon, and romaine lettuce. The bananas give the smoothie the thick, creamy consistency of a milkshake, and with the natural sweetness of the apples and bananas, plus the spiciness of the cinnamon, you won’t even notice the taste of the lettuce.
On a side note, cinnamon actually has quite a lot of nutritional benefits to offer. Here are just 5 interesting facts I found about the regular consumption of cinnamon:
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon per day can lower your bad cholesterol (or LDL).
- Cinnamon may help treat Type 2 Diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels and increasing the amount of insulin production in the body.
- Cinnamon can reduce the growth of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
- Cinnamon has an anti-clotting effect on the blood.
- Honey and Cinnamon combined has been found to relieve arthritis pain.
Amazing, isn’t it? Anyways, I’m getting sidetracked. If you are interested in trying out green smoothie recipes with cinnamon, I have a great one for you to try. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1/2-1 bunch romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1-2 apples, chopped
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ice
Each of these ingredients should be added to your blender one at a time and blended together until smooth. The recipe makes about 3-4 cups of smoothie, and whatever you do not drink right away can easily be stored in your fridge to consume later. It takes less than 5 minutes to make, but the health benefits that these green smoothie have to offer will last you throughout the entire day!