There is no doubt about the numerous health benefits that green smoothie recipes offer, but kids often prefer what tastes good over what is actually good for them. This strawberry and banana smoothie recipe offers the perfect compromise between the two opposites!
The heads should be removed from the strawberries, and the bananas should be peeled. Additionally, the romaine lettuce will need to be washed. Once the prep work is done, you simply need to add the ingredients into your blender (adding the water last), and blended on a high setting for 30-60 seconds. If the concoction is a little thick for your taste, you can blend it for a few seconds longer.
So what are the health benefits of this particular green smoothie recipes?
Green Smoothie Recipes Nutritional Information
- Strawberries are rich in dietary fiber and Vitamins C & K. There are also rich in folic acid, Vitamin B6, manganese, and biotin, and their high level of antioxidants can decrease the risk you have of suffering from a chronic disease.
- Bananas are high in fiber, calcium, and potassium. The potassium found in bananas is great for lowering blood pressure. Furthermore, there is scientific evidence that suggests bananas may be an effective preventative for colon cancer.
- As a leafy green vegetable, romaine lettuce is fortified with Vitamin C, folate, Vitamin B, and Vitamins A, K, & C. The American Institute for Cancer Research also lists romaine lettuce as an essential ingredient in foods that fight cancer.
So what are you waiting for?
For a green smoothie recipes that will make 2-3 smoothies, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of strawberries (between 12-16 strawberries)
- 2 large bananas
- 1/2 a head of romaine lettuce
- 2 cups of purified spring water (Water may come from the tap, but it should be purified first.)
Grab your ingredients and kids and start experimenting with your own version of this green smoothie recipes! You may even find that you like the recipe better when you add or subtract other ingredients, but the most important thing is to ensure that any ingredients you add be organic and raw.