The Great Pumpkin Green Smoothie Recipe
All the Flavors of Fall in One Glass!
Fall is settling in quickly. As the leaves change and kids start thinking about their Halloween costumes, pumpkin patches everywhere are rolling out their welcome mats and inviting cool autumn evenings to visit. We thought it only made sense to feature fall’s favorite orange garden guest by way of The Great Pumpkin Green Smoothie Recipe.
Each ingredient in this power-packed smoothie does a body good, and some of the items may not be part of your everyday diet, which means it’s a great way to diversify the things you put in your gut. Pumpkin, for example, is probably not something you consume regularly, but the fiber these gourds deliver can be quite beneficial to your digestive system. Pumpkins are also packed with the antioxidant beta-carotene, a plant carotenoid that’s responsible for pumpkins’ vibrant orange hues. Beta-carotene is converted into Vitamin A in the body, which supports healthy eyes and skin. Pumpkins also deliver Vitamin C, magnesium, zinc, and potassium, which help with everything from immune health to strong bones and happy hearts.
- 8 oz (236 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure canned pumpkin (Raw pumpkin works, too, but it can be less flavorful. If you choose the raw route, go for a whole cup instead of a half, and add a couple teaspoons of carrot juice to tease out more flavor.)
- 1 cup mango (Fresh or frozen. Either will work just fine.)
- 3 Tbsp. cashews
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Add the almond milk and vanilla extract to the blender.
2. Add the pumpkin, mango, and cashews.
3. Add the baby spinach and cinnamon.
4. Blend for 30 seconds on a high setting, or until your smoothie reaches your preferred consistency. If the smoothie is too thick, add two ounces of water, and blend again.
Have you given The Great Pumpkin Green Smoothie recipe a try? If you loved this October-inspired smoothie, we’d love to hear about it at our Raw Smoothies Recipes Facebook page! Browse our blog for additional recipe suggestions and healthy idea inspirations!