Cool Down Cucumber Kale Raw Green Smoothies Recipe
Cucumbers are synonymous with refreshing, don’t you think? The green vegetable is packed with hydration and skin soothing minerals. Whenever I need to cool down, I know a cucumber will do the job. Cucumbers are also excellent vegetables for de-toxing. These veggies naturally flush out toxins. When I’m feeling hot from a cardiovascular workout or being out in the sun, I refresh with my Cool Down Cucumber Kale Raw Green Smoothies Recipe. Bonus: cucumber boosts a lot more health benefits than just being a cooling ingredient for a raw green smoothie. In fact, over a dozen health benefits are attributed to cucumber.
Top 5 Benefits of Cucumber:
- Detoxes: These vegetables flush toxins out of your system. This helps my immune system, but also helps my skin to look fresh, healthy, and young!
- Weight loss: Cucumbers are a diet favorite. They are all fiber and water, which is filling.
- Anti-aging: Magnesium, potassium, and silicon are three minerals that slow down the cell turnover, and are abundant in cucumbers.
- Freshens breath: The antimicrobial properties of cucumber inhibit the growth of bacteria in the gums and tongue that cause bad breath.
- Glossy hair and nails: Cucumbers are a great source of silica, a compound that keeps hair and nails healthy and glossy.
My Cool Down Cucumber Kale Raw Green Smoothies Recipe is obviously ideal in the summer, but also perfect in cool months, too. Eating raw is already a huge step in preventing illness and infection. But, whenever I’m feeling a cold coming on, I reach for a cucumber raw green smoothie. The apple n this smoothie adds a lot of sweetness. The kale and parsley even out the flavor palate, while adding lots of nutrients.
- 1 apple
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 to 2 cups kale
- 1/2 cup water
- Chop one medium apple.
- Chop half of a cucumber.
- Lightly chop one cup of parsley.
- Chop one to two cups of kale. (The apple and cucumber are sweet, adding more kale will decrease the sweetness factor.)
- Mix all in a blender with water.