Circulatory Wellness Green Smoothie
Circulatory Wellness Green Smoothie Recipe? Sounds adventurous!
As it turns out, green smoothies are a delicious source of vitamins and all kinds of good stuff. And they aren’t just for the adventurous, they are for everybody!
Many commercial smoothies (from big-time smoothie bars) come jammed with added sugars, colors and flavors that minimize the benefit of the nutrients. They are essentially ice cream shakes with protein powder!
The best way to have the most delicious smoothies without sacrificing health benefits is to make them yourself at home. When you control the ingredients, you can be confident that your smoothies are just right, wholesome, healthy and full of good stuff.
Healthy Fats Circulatory Wellness Green Smoothie
Isn’t fat bad for you? Well, actually, studies are showing us more and more that healthy fat — like monounsaturated fats in avocado and olive oil — actually help increase the body’s production of HDL, the “good” cholesterol that helps with circulatory wellness system clean. (1)
This heart-healthy smoothie will keep your system running smooth and improve your appetite control, as healthy fats also satisfy our cravings and keep us feeling full longer.
- 1 Cup of milk — almond or coconut milk is fine if you wish to avoid cow’s milk.
- 2 Cups of ice — for texture
- ½ Avocodo — a rich source for monounsaturated, healthy fat
- 1 scoop protein powder — I strongly recommend organic whey protein if possible
- ½ banana — delicious
- 1 handful of kale or other juicing green — high fiber is good for digestion and circulation
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil — another source of healthy fat
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt — rich in probiotics and protein, low in sugar
- Start with the banana, avocado, yogurt, greens and milk. Blend this until the greens are smooth. Otherwise you will be chewing the kale out of your smoothie. And there’s nothing smooth about that.
- Add in the coconut oil and protein powder. These will blend up easily
- Finish with the ice. The ice is strictly for texture and can be omitted or decreased as you like. Personally, I make my smoothies without ice and just add water until I like the consistency.
This is my Circulatory Wellness Green Smoothie recipe, but remember that recipes, like anything else, are open to interpretation. If you want to replace the banana with mango or pineapple chunks, knock yourself out. Just remember to have fun and stay healthy!